"And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God. " (Matthew 19:24).
The "eye of the needle" is actually a gate in Jerusalem, which is opened after the main gate was closed at night. A camel could only pass through this smaller gate if it was stooped and had its baggage removed.
When Jesus said it is easier for a camel to go through "the eye of the needle" than a rich man to get in the Kingdom of God, He was actually comparing a rich man going into God's Kingdom and a camel going through this gate.
When a camel is to go through this gate, they have to get all stuff unloaded first from the camel in order for the camel to get through. In other words all things must be laid down first before a camel can get through the gate.
And so, for a rich man to get into the kingdom of God, he must firstly lay down all that he has.
Unfortunately, it is nearly impossible as most rich men (not all) are so attached to their possession that they find it difficult to lay down their riches.
Powered by Telkomsel BlackBerry®
1/12/2014
Popular Posts
-
# I know there many mansions in my Father's house but why can't I have my own bedroom? # How can I work on your stuff while you g...
Edited by Jack Loloin. Diberdayakan oleh Blogger.
Author Info
Cari Blog Ini
Like This Theme
featured Slider
About Me
Hi, I am the author Elegance Blog.This blog is to provide you with daily outfit ideas and share my personal style.